If you have never been to the vast Cornerstone Gardens in Sonoma, this event would be a great excuse to go. In addition to all the great Tomatomania! activities there are art galleries, wine tasting, food offerings, and much more. There is so much to do it would be easy to make a day of it.
• An event created in the early 90s at Hortus, Pasadena’s widely known and trendsetting nursery. Within five years it became the biggest weekend of the year at the nursery. Scott Daigre is the current owner and producer.
• A fun, energetic sale that offers unique varieties of tomatoes for sale to home gardeners.
• The largest group of exotic heirloom tomato seedlings ever offered for sale at one time.
• A clearinghouse for the latest and most reliable tomato growing accoutrements; containers, stakes, equipment, soils, fertilizers and more!
• A meeting of great garden minds, where customers are as liable to get great tips from each other as from the garden experts on the TOMATOMANIA! staff.
• A launching pad for over 30,000 seedlings, which go home with eager new owner/gardeners from nine events held in California, Connecticut and now Maryland.
• A celebration of varieties that otherwise might never be grown again in home gardens.
• A chance to buy and grow healthy vegetables in your own yard and ensure healthy food for yourself and your family.
• A labor of love for owner Scott Daigre and his TOMATOMANIAC staff.